Wednesday, June 10, 2015

it's been a while.....but you all know me ....I am still knitting (hahaha)

I won't try to talk about all the crazy things that happened since my last blog post....this post would be HUUUUUUUGE, and as always time is a rare thingy at the moment

I am doing testknits at the moment...YAY!...testknitting was so rare for me the last months, and I seriously missed it
so.... the first testknit after a long time was this beautiful cardigan (finished this a while ago, but it's worth to be mentioned...!)

pattern. Naima by Ankestrick (aka Fallmasche)
yarn. finkhof-merinowolle-dünn a rustic, 'sheepy', low processed wool made in germany
loooved working with it (I used this yarn before for my wanderling and for my own version of phillipa

a few days ago I finished a sweater testknit for Justyna....think I have to wait until I am allowed to show it...just a few words about it...it's gorgeous, it's lacy, it's casual, it's blue (hahaha...only mine is blue), and it's soooooo utterly cool - just love it

I used 2 yarns held together and I swear I will use these yarns together again
they gave me such a cool and drapey fabric! 
ok....I used 1 strand Isager Bomulin, held together with Blackhill Pacalina (a thin linen/alpaca blend ...just gorgeous)

oh...just another thing before I have to leave for work.....Dexter will be ready for release very, very soon...so... all of you waiting for Dexter, make sure you keep an eye out for a bloody red (cute) cardigan♥


or for a light pink one???????

 
 hope you all have good days

love
isa m.

 

10 comments:

  1. Uh you're back here :*
    I love Dexter <3 And I love love love that you love "my precious" Finkhof yarn, haha. I always thought you'd be all into those luxury stuff, but hey, there you are. Love you even more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dexter looks great. What ply is it knitted in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's sport to dk weight, gauge is 22 sts x 30 rows
      the red one was made using easyknits.uk - Arcadia
      and the pink one was made using BC Garn - Allino

      Delete
  3. I had no idea a cardi in light pink would look so gorgeous.What yarn did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, die beiden "Dexters" haben es mir total angetan. Schlicht und edel. Grandios.

    LG Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Isabelle,
    love your designs, they can be worn by everybody. I have favoured some of your free patterns -pauli + at the beach- but I am (dutch) size 52 and I am afraid that when I alter them the pattern will be lost. For those beautyfull basic style clothes you make it will be perfect if you would, please, size them up.
    I specialy like the way you shape shoulders. Nowadays most sweaters have dropdown -for a first knit oke- but I think a womans body deserves better.

    Are you German? Have not read the total blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back!!! As usual, gorgeus knittings

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the precise weblog for anybody who needs to seek out out about this topic. You notice so much its almost arduous to argue with you. You positively put a brand new spin on a subject that's been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!

    ReplyDelete