Friday, February 1, 2013

testknit for Hanna

did a testknit for Hanna in late december/ early january.
she published the pattern yesterday, ...means i am allowed
to show pics of this stunning cardi



loved knitting these little twisted cables.
was just the right balance between cables an st st
to keep me interested and not making my head shaggy :)

yarn. alpaca/merino from cone (no label)

think this will go to a dear friend...she loves it so much
...and i am not so an elegant person at all (hahahaha)
that i would wear it that much.


...ha! guess what i've done?

i got the pattern for il grande favorito ready to 
publish!!!! how cool is that? (hahaha)
it took me ONLY a bit more than 1 year to get this done (...hmmm)
....wish there were some people around to goose me to
publish my patterns more shortly after testknittng....



did a quick selftest and knitted exactly as written
(which is not that easy as it sounds for me....sometimes i relax that much while knitting, that i realize inches later, where i am....)
my second favorito is blocking right now
only need to take some good photos :)

the house packing goes slowly now...a bit frustrating...
though we made progress, the most not-so-necessary things
are stored, but now i have to decide what i will definitely
need (yarn, needles, books, clothes....hahaha) to take with me


and that's not that easy at all


hopefully i'll soon be back to report the publishing
of il grande favorito

isa k.





22 comments:

  1. Beautiful cardigan, and a really cool sweater! Hm... Really want to knit them both now! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Der sieht sehr elegant aus - vor allem in der edlen Wolle! Die Zopfblende gefällt mir gut!
    LG,
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cardigan!! And the sweater looks really cosy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cardigan!! But that sweater looks great too !! I'm knitting another Driftwood at the moment, although this time with some changes. When I've finished it, I'll let you know with a link in case you like to see how it turned out. :o)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cant wait for the pattern! I will be stalking you until then..... ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news for il grande favorito! Can't wait...
    (My name on Ravelry is bouilles de coton...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both sweaters are fabulous! Looking forward to your pattern release.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for the il grande favorite! A lovely sweater to cuddle up with! Your cable is beautiful as well, but that little il grande is just FAB! I'll be looking forward for the release........

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I got it finished sooner than I expected, so if you would like to see it, here it is: http://atnumber19.blogspot.nl/2013/02/en-nog-een-driftwood.html
    Again in Dutch, but it says, in short, that I made some alterations because I didn't want a buttonband this time and that I think it turned out great !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are terrific! I love the cardigan on you, and I think your friend is so lucky to receive such a lovely present. And the pullover looks like a perfect, wear-anywhere, cozy sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW...beide sind wunderschön...der Pulli hat es mir aber total angetan wegen der schönen Form! Sieht wirklich richtig klasse aus.
    LG Marion

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, that is a beautiful testknit you got, lovely knitwear.

    Hope you are settle down to your new home with great joy and comfort.

    Your 2nd version on Il grante favorito is a darling to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to knit your Il Grande Favorito!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cardigan is just wonderful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ton test knit est superbe! j'adore ces petites torsades sur une maille... quant au pull : exactement ce dont j'ai besoin pour rester au chaud à la maison et guérir de mon rhume tout en tricotant! ;-)
    bon courage pour faire tes cartons : la laine et les aiguilles dans le dernier carton surtout pas avant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything you knit fits you so perfectly, I to am small and the arm holes always seem too big, how long do you make them 7" or 7 1/2"?

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a stuning cardigan - so nice - thank you so much for showing it!

    ReplyDelete